The Equality Act 2010 outlines specific duties on certain public bodies (of which we are one) to meet the Public Sector Equality Duty more effectively. These specific duties are to:
- Publish information to demonstrate their compliance with the Equality Duty at least annually
- Set equality objectives at least every four years
We revised the equality objectives which were approved in January 2015.
The equality objectives are:
- Continuously improve the way we commission patient centred, quality and safe services (1.3 & 1.5)
- Improve the way the CCG and partners involve and engage service users from protected groups enabling improved access to health and care services
- Continue to review and monitor team values to empower and engage staff (3.4 & 3.6)
- Ensure the CCG Governing Body actively leads on Equality and Diversity throughout the organisation (4.1 & 4.2)
We have developed an action plan in line with the EDS2 to monitor our equality objectives.