‘Working together to improve health and care’ is the name of the draft Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP) for Durham Dales Easington and Sedgefield, Darlington, Teesside, Hambleton, Richmondshire & Whitby
NHS England has asked NHS organisations to work together on improvement plans for their area, called Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs) to tackle three challenges:
- Improving the health and wellbeing of the population,
- Improving the quality of care that is provided,
- Improving the efficiency of NHS services.
Our draft plan is one of 44 such plans being developed across the country, and it identifies four priority areas:
- Preventing ill health and increasing self care
- Health and care in communities and neighbourhoods
- Quality of care in our hospitals – “Better Health Programme”
- Use of technology in health care
Over the next few months, more work will be done on our plan within NHS organisations, and working with local councils and other partners, such as the voluntary sector.
Full Draft Sustainability and Transformation Plan is a technical document containing a high level of detail service by service and has been submitted to NHS England.
If you would like further information on ‘Working together to improve health and care’ please email necsu.STP@nhs.net