Dominic joined us at the CCG as part of Learning Disabilities awareness week. Below is a blog of what he feels is important with health issues –
What help do you need with your health?
By Dominic Jones, from Independent Voices
Here are some questions that I have thought of, for you to ask yourself.
- What help do you need with any type of health matters?
- When you eat do you need any help? Some people have problems chewing and might choke.
- When you go for a health check or for any other health appointment do you need more support? People sometimes need support and guidance, mainly for the very young.
- What is your day to day interest in your health? We can do things for our health every day, like choosing our snacks well.
- Are you afraid to go to the GP surgeries? Your friends can help you if you are nervous.
- Do you need home visits from a GP instead?
- In future do you want information from the service to look at? They might be able to give you a leaflet to take away with you, raising any concerns or issues.
If you have any questions on the above, please contact us on STCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org