Do you know someone who has gone the extra mile to make a difference for others in South Tees? We want to celebrate them!
Healthwatch South Tees (operating name for Healthwatch Middlesbrough and Healthwatch Redcar and Cleveland) want to let you know about their STAR Awards.
We believe those who go the extra mile for others, within the health and social care field, across South Tees should be recognised and celebrated. Now they can be if they are nominated for a Healthwatch South Tees Award of Recognition.
- The local community voice is key to the work of Healthwatch and improving health and social care services. People often tell us about their positive experiences of services and groups on offer in the local area, and the difference these have made to their wellbeing.
- We believe those who make a positive difference should be recognised and so the Healthwatch South Tees Award of Recognition celebrates those who make a difference to the people they support and their communities as well as going that extra mile to help others.
- We hope the STAR Award also offers the opportunity to share good practice across South Tees.
Who can be nominated?
- The STAR Award aims to recognise any member of the local community who has helped to make a difference in someone’s health and social care. Anyone across the South Tees locality can be nominated.
- An individual, team, department, organisation or service etc can be nominated whether they are a professional, volunteer, patient or member of the public.
- We want to be flexible in our approach to nominations but focussed on recognising those who have made a real difference to someone’s wellbeing and have gone above and beyond expectations to have a positive impact.
- Anyone can submit a nomination, based on their own experience, or someone they know.
We are taking nominations now and the closing date is 4 pm on Monday 2 March 2020. For further information, including examples of previous winners can be found here